If you have questions or would like to donate financially, please contact us as follows:
(Chair – Board of Directors)
PO BOX 485, Lenoir, NC 28645
Picking Up STEAM, Inc. is a North Carolina non-profit corporation, initiated in January 2015 by parents, teachers, professionals, and entrepreneurs in a response to studying various demographics of Lenoir/Caldwell County, NC. Picking Up STEAM, Inc. uses a 3-Tier approach to STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts Math) education. The 3-Tiers are as follows:
Tier 1 – Learning Center
- After school opportunities for Science and Math lessons.
- Computer coding lessons for developing software, websites, and robotics.
- Science Fair Project guidance and assistance in obtaining materials.
- Internship opportunities for high school and college students.
Tier 2 – Hands-on Museum
- Attractable learning areas for all ages
- Exhibits/Rooms to feature all areas of STEAM.
- Maker space areas to apply STEAM concepts.
- Areas for mommy/daddy & babies/toddlers.
Tier 3 – Entrepreneur Incubator
- Think tank for creating products from local waste materials.
- Prototype assembly for potential products prior to patent, license, or sell.
- Area for skilled trade lessons.
- Pottery, glass blowing, wood working, metal bending, welding, small engine repair, etc…
The Mission of Picking Up STEAM, Inc. is to encourage exploration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math in a hands-on creative environment to set goals for higher education.
Picking Up STEAM, Inc. welcomes people of all ages, abilities, ethnicity, gender, and income level to discover that learning is fun!